Pursuant to Presidential Decree No. 2012/432 of 1 October 2012, the Ministry of Mines, Industry and Technological Development is headed by a Minister.
The Ministry of Mines, Industry and Technological Development is in charge of the elaboration and implementation of the Government’s mining and industrial policy and technological development strategies within the various sectors of the national economy.
As such, it is in charge of:
• the elaboration of the mining map;
• geological prospection and mining activities;
• the valuation of mining, oil and gas resources;
• the management of mining and gaseous natural resources;
• the monitoring of the upstream oil sector;
• the promotion local industry;
• the development of industrial zones;
• the promotion of private investment;
• the promotion of investment in the mining, industry and technological development sector, in conjunction with the Ministry of the Economy, Planning and Regional Development and the Administrations concerned;
• the elaboration and implementation of the country’s industrialization plan;
• the elaboration, dissemination and follow up of the implementation of instruments provided for by the Investment Charter;
• local transformation of mining, agricultural and forestry products, in conjunction with the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development, the Ministry of Forestry and Wildlife and the other administrations concerned;
• technological development, in conjunction with the Ministry of Scientific Research and Innovation;
• technological industrial monitoring, in conjunction with the authorities concerned;
• the promotion and defence of a quality label for products meant for the local market and for export, in conjunction with the administrations concerned;
• the follow up of activities of the National Board of Industrial Free Zones and the Mission for the Development and Management of Industrial Zones,
• the follow up of standards and quality, in conjunction with the relevant administrations.
It liaises between the Government and the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), the African Intellectual Property Organization (OAPI), as well as the United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO) in conjunction with the Ministry of External Relations.
It has supervision over public or semi-public corporations involved in its sector of competence, organizations that provide advocacy and assistance to industries and companies in charge of supervising the mining sector, notably:
• National Investment Corporation (SNI) ;
• The Agency for Standards and Quality control (ANOR) ;
• Investment Promotion Agency (IPA);
• National Board Industrial Free Zones (ONZFI) ;
• the Chamber of Commerce, Industry, Mines and Handicrafts (CCIMA),
• the Industrial Zones Development and Management Authority (MAGZI).
The Minister of Mines, Industry and Technological Development is assisted by a Secretary of State.
For the accomplishment of his missions, the Minister of Mines, Industry and Technological Development has:
• one (01) Private Secretariat;
• two (02) Technical Advisers;
• one (01) General Inspectorate;
• a National Brigade for the Control of Mining Activities;
• a Central Administration;
• Decentralized Services,
• Attached Services.
The Secretary of State to the Minister of Mines, Industry and Technological Development has a Private Secretariat.
Have the rank and prerogatives of:
• Permanent Secretary:
- The General Inspector.• Director of Central Administration:
- the Technical Advisers;
b. the Inspectors,
c. Heads of Divisions.
• Deputy Director of the Central Administration:
- Regional Delegates,
b. the Head of the Centre for Analyses, Tests and Industrial Metrology;
c. the Head of the Centre for Geological and Mining Information,
d. the Head of the National Brigade for the Control of Mining Activities.
• Sub-Director of the Central Administration:
- Heads of Units;
b. the Chiefs of Section the Centre for Analyses, Tests and Industrial Metrology;
c. Divisional Delegates,
d. Chiefs of Regional Brigades for the Control of Mining Activities.
• Service Head of the Central Administration :
- Chiefs of Private Secretariats;
b. Deputy Research Officers;
c. Chiefs of Regional Services;
d. Chiefs of Laboratories,
e. National Controllers of Mining Activities.
• Deputy Chief of Service of the Central Administration:
- Studies Engineers;
b. Divisional Chiefs of Sections,
c. Regional Controllers of Mining Activities.
Appointments to the duty posts provided for in this Decree are made in compliance with the profiles retained in the organizational chart.
Gabriel DODO NDOKE
AUDIENCE: Brazilian businessmen at MINMIDT on June 9, 2016
DRAFT PROGRAM OF THE ANNUAL CONFERENCE JANUARY 16TH AND 17TH 2020
AUDIENCE GRANTED BY THE MINMIDT TO THE DIRECTOR GENERAL OF AFRICAN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS ORGANIZATION OAPI.
CONCEPT NOTE: DISCOVERY OF OVER 300 NEW MINERAL OCCURRENCES AND THE 3RD EDITION OF CAMEROON INTERNATIONAL INVESTMENT MINING & EXHIBITION CONFERENCE (CIMEC 2019 -2ND TO 4TH SEPTEMBER 2019)
Gabriel Dodo Ndoke announces the audit of the Noun Food Canning Company with a view to its relaunch
ANNUAL CONFERENCE OF CENTRAL AND DEVOLVED SERVICES OF MINMIDT EXTENDED TO AFFILIATED BODIES JANUARY 16TH AND 17TH 2020
INTERNATIONAL PUBLIC CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST FOR THE FINANCING, DEVELOPMENT, EQUIPMENT, OPERATION AND MANAGEMENT OF THE OUASSA-BABOUTE , INDUSTRIAL REFERENCE TECHNOLOGY PARK (TECHNOPÔLE)
9 BILLION 496 MILLIONS CFA FRANCS OF BUDGET FOR 2021
THE NATIONAL MINING CORPORATION (SONAMINES) CREATED BY THE PRESIDENT OF THE REPUBLIC
STATISTICAL YEARBOOK 2017 OF THE MINES, INDUSTRY AND TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT SUBSECTOR